London City has today released a new video to welcome back and support passengers as they resume travelling through the airport this summer.
Momentum is building at the airport with the restart of more international flights and destinations for the summer holiday season. The release of the new passenger video comes on the back of the airport’s busiest week of the year, with over 15,000 passengers travelling through London City, a 35% increase on the previous week.
As demand returns and travel restrictions ease, London City will provide connections to 24 domestic and European destinations in August, with home-based carrier BA City Flyer offering flights to popular summer holiday destinations including the Greek Islands, Balearics, and the Côte d’Azur, direct from London’s most central airport.
Robert Sinclair, Chief Executive of London City Airport said:
“After the year we’ve all had, passengers are keen for a well-deserved getaway this summer and we can’t wait to welcome them back.
London City Airport is offering flights to 24 domestic and European destinations this summer from the heart of London, enabling passengers to visit friends and family, take domestic staycations, or to enjoy outstanding global travel experiences once again.
We understand travelling internationally has changed for the time being, but we’re taking steps to support our passengers. We have been working hard to maintain the fast, convenient, and friendly airport experience for which London City is renowned, and our testing centre and internationally-recognised health measures are enabling safe and speedy journeys for passengers as they resume travelling.”
Passengers will benefit from the airport’s convenient location, rapid transit, and world-class customer service, which has been aided by the upgrade of the airport’s E-Gates to provide a stress-free and fully digital experience at the UK border.
The health and safety of passengers and staff remains paramount, with the airport asking passengers to continue to wear face coverings and to respect others by maintaining a safe distance where possible.
In addition, the airport’s onsite Covid-19 testing facility, located next to the terminal and delivered in partnership with Collinson, allows passengers to book the full range of Covid-19 tests for key international markets prior to departure or on arrival.
Passengers can also use the airport’s dedicated online travel portal to inform their and support their travel choices this summer, from booking flights to understanding the testing and entry requirements for all destinations served by the airport.
The video can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.chttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcY16tQRR0A
Further information for passengers is available at: https://www.londoncityairport.com/safe-careful-speedy-journeys
Notes to Editors:
- Passengers can search and book flights to all LCY destinations worldwide at https://londoncityairport.netflights.com. Netflights is an ABTA member and all holidays are ATOL protected.
- The airport’s travel portal can be accessed at: https://travel.londoncityairport.com
- Further information on the airport’s in-terminal testing facility can be found at: https://www.londoncityairport.com/test
- Destinations served by the airport include Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast City, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Malaga, Ibiza, Palma, Mahon, Florence, Nice, Skiathos, and Mykonos with British Airways CityFlyer (BACF), Amsterdam with KLM, Vilnius with LOT Polish Airlines, Dundee with Loganair, and Luxembourg with LuxAir.
- BA City Flyer will restart flights to Berlin, Bergerac, and Faro next week, and launch its news route to Split on 5 August.
- A comprehensive set of health measures are in place at London City Airport to create a safe and Covid-secure environment for passengers and staff, including:
- An enhanced cleaning regime, including a long-life anti-microbial surface treatment used throughout the airport
- Staff using PPE including face masks, visors and gloves
- Touch-free hand sanitiser stations
- One-way systems and clear signage and floor markings to help maintain social distancing
- Perspex screens at key points around the airport such as terminal check-in desks
- Non-contact, automatic temperature checking technology
- Advance crowd monitoring to identify and manage busy areas, using CrowdVision technology
- London City remains one of the few UK airports to have been approved as Covid-secure by the CAA and Public Health England in line with the ICAO’s CART Take-Off guidelines on safely restarting international air travel.
- The airport was awarded with the Global Health Accreditation Standard by the Airports Council International (ACI) in October 2020.
- London City Airport was recognised as one of the best airports in Europe for customer experience in the 2020 Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards and was the highest-scoring UK airport in the CAA’s passenger survey in June 2021.