Without a vibrant and vigorous UK domiciled and focused trade association our sector of aviation would have no one credible to represent it and to stand up against the loud voices in Government, Europe and the media who do not recognise our vital importance to the economy and jobs, and whose misperceptions of the industry are deep and persistent.
BBGA is YOUR trade association. Who are we and what do we do:-
- BBGA represents the interest of member companies at Local, National, European and International levels
- BBGA supports and promotes the growth and wellbeing of a profitable Business and General Aviation industry
- BBGA ensures that Business and General Aviation’s importance is fully understood and appreciated by the public, local and central government
BBGA has a strong positive and active relationships with UK Government, other trade associations, UK CAA, EASA and Brussels and therefore we are able to consult with them on the following industry topics:-
- Aviation Fuel Duty
- UK Border Force charges
- Airport Passenger Duty
- Ground Operations Standards,
- UK Government funding for general aviation apprenticeships
- CAA General Aviation Division, Flight Time Limitations
- EASA Pilot Training
- Illegal Charter Operations
- Technical Standards Harmonisation Across Europe
- Safety Management Systems
The benefits of being a member include:-
- Access to the global resources outside UK of IBAC, NBAA, ECOGAS, SSCC, EBAA, AOPA, BHA – in all of which BBGA is a strong and active partner standing up for the industry and UK interests in particular on the world stage.
- A well-funded and truly active trade association based in UK, focussed on issues important to UK industry and business is the pragmatic way of getting the best possible results for UK businesses. UK interests are more immediately served from London than from Brussels.
- Practical and credible first line of defence for your business and your industry.
BBGA is a “not for profit” organisation existing solely for the benefit of its members. BBGA goes to where individual businesses and others cannot go in order to protect and advance the business success of its UK businesses. Our success depends on our credibility and reputation. Being able to demonstrate the broadest possible membership adds significantly to credibility with regulators and government.
Your own business success will be best served by your contribution to making BBGA and the UK industry stronger. You can be assured that the benefits to your business will be hugely greater than not having a strong voice at the table at all.