|Please Note: The information in any member article, headline or press release in or linked to in this post are the views of the member requesting publication and not necessarily those of the BBGA
WINGX ACTIONABLE INTELLIGENCE FOR BUSINESS AVIATION
WINGX is an established company with a technology-based approach to providing actionable market intelligence to the global business aviation industry.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Analytics and Product manager to join our small team in Hamburg, Germany, working directly for the two Managing Directors (one commercial, one operational) of WINGX.
The main purpose of this role is to create and define analytics products for our customers. Working between the operational team and the commercial team, this person will be responsible for building products from WINGX data platforms which can best meet our customers’ requirements and generate substantial new revenues.
This is the first position we are creating in our Product team, which will report primarily to the Operations Managing Director. Our intention is that the Product team will grow in the next 6-12 months to include at least 2-3 additional people.
In terms of new product development:
- Working closely with our operations team to translate data sources, product ideas, and concepts into clearly defined products for specific types of customer.
- Convincing the Management team that the products for development are feasible in terms of data availability, product engineering, and market demand.
- Creating the road-map for product design and build, and closely project-managing the achievement of milestones to ensure product deployment in the market.
- Working closely with our commercial team to decide on product pricing, speedy market launch and promotion, also on presentations to customers.
In terms of managing existing products:
- Working closely with our operations team to prepare and compile contracted products, which many be on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly cycles.
- This task will include data engineering and management, to assist the operations team in meeting very short deadlines for highly-accurate market analysis.
- Working closely with our commercial team, to acquire and respond to customer feedback and queries on distributed products, providing corrective or additional research as required.
- Project-manage backlog of customer requirements as well as WINGX initiatives for additional product features and improved user experience.
- Recommending to the management team on ways to improve existing products, such as additional data sources, improved product design, or modified commercial proposition.
- Working closely with the commercial team on promoting the WINGX brand and products, including the preparation of presentations, white paper research and marketing promotions.
- The technical aptitude to work out how to translate rich data sources into meaningful and comprehensible business intelligence products.
- The data-sense to be proficient in managing and manipulating large data sets, with critical emphasis on accuracy in calculating and presenting meaningful analysis.
- Commercial aptitude to be able to identify and implement the market insights in our products which relate directly to the interests of our customers.
- A very good communicator, liaising directly with our many different customers, and clearly conveying requirements and suggestions to our operations and commercial teams.
- Most of all, an aptitude for a hard-working start-up culture, within an informal management structure, taking on multiple different roles and open to lots of new challenges.
- Excellent academic credentials. Aeronautical and/or Economics, Statistics, Computer Science degrees welcome.
- At least 5 years working experience preferably 10 years, with an excellent track record of achievement, and senior roles comparable to the job opportunity in question. Preferably experience of working in a start-up business.
- Roles in operations, financial analysis, business intelligence would be useful.
- Experience of working in or with the aviation sector, preferably the business aviation sector. Good understanding of complete supply chain within the industry.
- Strong quantitative skills: data modelling, extraction and manipulation; data transformation, warehousing, architecture and design; experience in working with data visualisation software; know-how of statistical tools and methodologies.
- Fluency in German and English. Any other languages a plus.
The salary level for this position is not yet fixed. We will offer a competitive salary to ensure we have an excellent candidate for this demanding role.
Please send your application to the following email address:
With subject line ‘Recruitment’ and attach:
- CV in English
- Covering letter in English